The great holiday dish with delicious yams
- 4-6 Yams (organic yam is the best)
- 8-12 tablespoons of Nutiva Organic Toasted Hemp Seeds
- 4 tablespoons of sea salt
- 4 tablespoons of Nutiva Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
1. Thoroughly wash and scrub yams, cut several small slits in each yam skin for thorough cooking. Place the yams on a pan or wrap them tightly in foil. Bake them at 350°F (177°C) for an hour or a little less or more, depending on your yams size.
2. If you like, toast the hemp seeds. Slightly grease pan with Nutiva Extra Virgin Coconut oil and toast the seeds by medium temperature about 3-5 minutes in toaster or regular oven at 325°F (163°C) until they are little brown. Mix with sea salt after toasting.
3. Slice open baked yams lengthwise and add a tablespoon of with Nutiva Extra Virgin Coconut oil to each yam. Scatter with salted hemp seeds and place them on a serving dish.
4. Enjoy your yummy baked yams.
Recipe's Additional Information
- Nationality: American
- Course: side dish
- Cooking sill level: easy
- Diet: lactose-free, gluten-free, vegan
- Yield: 8 servings
- Preparation duration: about 5 minutes
- Cooking duration: about an hour
If you are interesting in products from coconut especially virgin coconut oil, please visit the online coconut products store.